Vanced is a well known modded version of YouTube with many features such as adblocking and background playback
Vanced is an original YouTube application that has been modified in such a way. has different features in the official application, this modification can eliminate ads, background playback, Picture-in-Picture and many others.
Provides several theme options that can be chosen according to the user and still has the same features. The following features are provided
- Blocks all YouTube ADs (some options are togglable)
- Background playback feature
- Force VP9(or HDR) or vice versa
- Override Max Resolution
- Pinch to Zoom on all devices
- Casting togglable (can be forced off)
- Togglable Theme (White/Dark/Black)
- PiP (Oreo Only)
- Video window new or old style
- Repeat video feature
- Preffered Resolution & Speed feature
- Swipe controls for Volume and Brightness
How to Install
Install the apk normally and install microg found in the download links above.
- Download the official installer found in downloads above
- Select a suitable apk for your device (check your architecture using an app such as CPU-Z) and the secondary theme you want to. (All apks include the white theme)
- Place the downloaded apk into /sdcard/Downloads or inside the installation zip
- Uninstall all YouTube updates and disable auto-update in the playstore (If you are able to completely uninstall the youtube app do so)
- Flash the installer in TWRP
There are a total of 3 ways to install the module via magisk.
The first and most simple way is to install it via the magisk repo and it is the recommended way.
The second way is to place “Install via magisk.plz” or enable magisk install in the settings.sh from the root installer.
The third and final way is to use the magisk modules provided on the link below.
Uninstall all YouTube updates and disable auto-update in the playstore (If you are able to completely uninstall the youtube app do so). Updatedapp will override the app installed in the system partition so even if the mod installation succeeds, you will not see it.
Explanation of the (Ad)Vanced options of the official installer:
Vanced makes use of both a settings.sh and plz files as parameters while installing.
Using the settings.sh
- SEARCHFOLDER – Path where to search for iYTBP Apk’s (must be a subfolder on sdcard!)
- MAGINSTALL – Use magisk installation instead of root installation. (Possible Values: YES/NO)
- DETACH – Detach Youtube from playstore to disable update notifications. (Possible Values: YES/NO)
- ATTACH – Attach Youtube to playstore if it was previously detached. (Possible Values: YES/NO)
- UNINSTALL – Completely uninstall iYTBP: root version, magisk module and detach module (Possible Values: YES/NO)
Using the plz files (Use only the ones you want)
- iYTBP_install_via_magisk.plz – Use magisk installation instead of root installation
- iYTBP_detach_from_playstore.plz – Detach Youtube from playstore to disable update notifications.
- iYTBP_attach_to_playstore.plz – Attach Youtube to playstore if it was previously detached.
- iYTBP_uninstall.plz – Completely uninstall iYTBP: root version, magisk module and detach module.