Introducing Office, Word Excel Powerpoint into one app
Microsoft Office may not be the de facto document creation suite it was once seen as, but tens of millions of people still use the suite of apps. Today, a new Office app is rolling out for Android (and iOS).
Previously, Microsoft has maintained separate apps for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. The new Office app combines these products into one.
All of your Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files can be found in one timeline. When you go into a document, the UI takes on the color of that product. You still get the feeling of using separate dedicated apps, but now it’s all done from one single download.
All the tools and features you’d expect are there. The Microsoft Office app is much smaller than downloading the three apps separately.
Whether using it for personal or professional reasons, Office is designed to be your go-to app for getting work done on a mobile device. Let’s take a closer look at what makes it different:
- Simple, integrated experience
- Word, Excel, and PowerPoint all in one app with all of the mobile features you already know and use.
- Easily get to recent and recommended documents stored in the cloud or on your device, or search for documents across your organization if using a work account.
- Easy access to Sticky Notes to jot down quick reminders and ideas.
On the Home screen, view your recent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files or create a new one.
Create content in uniquely mobile ways
- Snap a picture of a document and turn it into an editable Word file with the press of a button.
- Transform a picture of a table into an Excel spreadsheet so you can work with the data.
- Let PowerPoint help you design a presentation by simply selecting the pictures you want to use from your phone.
- Create automatically enhanced digital images of whiteboards and documents with Office Lens features integrated into the app.
Convert a picture of a table into an editable Excel spreadsheet.
A new Actions pane for common tasks you may encounter on a mobile device
- Create PDFs with your camera, using photos on your device, or from Office documents.
- Sign PDFs by simply using your finger.
- Scan QR codes to open files and links.
- Easily transfer files between your phone and computer or share instantly with nearby mobile devices.
Use the new integrated Actions pane to take care of several common mobile tasks, like signing a PDF.
Now available in public preview
The Office mobile app is available in public preview starting today for Android and iOS*. It is super easy to get started with the app – anyone can download and use it for free and we don’t require a sign-in to start using it. However, logging in with a work, school, or personal Microsoft Account gives you access to your files stored in the cloud, and you can sign in with more than one account to make it easy to get to all of your documents in one place.
The app is currently available only on phones, although we will bring this experience to tablets as well. Since this is a public preview, we are very interested in hearing from you about what you like, don’t like, or would like to see in the app so we encourage you to provide feedback through the “Help & Feedback” tool under Settings. We continue to work hard on making the app an even more powerful tool for getting work done, so keep an eye out for more to come with Office.
Or you can grab the app below